Creating a Connect Briefing Book by Selecting Individual Contacts from a Saved List
Modified on: Fri, 18 Nov, 2022 at 3:48 PM
The Connect Briefing Book is a visually pleasing, printer-friendly digest of selected media contacts, their relevant contact information, and pitching preferences. You can easily customise the exported .docx file using a word processing program such as Microsoft Word so that any company-specific insights can be added to the document, further enriching the value for the end user's upcoming engagement! If you do not have Connect, and would like to send a traditional Briefing Book Report, please click here.
You have two options for creating a Connect Briefing Book: 1. Selecting specific contacts from saved lists or 2. Sending a Connect Briefing Book to All Contacts in a Saved list of 50 influencers or less. This document will follow the steps for the first option.
To Create a Connect Briefing Book by Selecting Individual Contacts from a Saved List:
- Click on the Contacts tab.
- Select Lists from the dropdown menu.
When the Saved Contact Lists Page Opens:
- Click on the row for any Saved List of contacts, regardless of the total contacts in the list.
After Selecting the Contact List:
- Click on the checkboxes on the left-hand side to select up to 50 individual contacts you would like to include in the Connect Briefing Book. NOTE: You cannot create a Connect Briefing Book with more than 50 contacts.
- Click on the Download menu.
- Select the Briefing Book option.
- The Connect Briefing Book form will open on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Enter the information in all required fields marked by a red asterisk.
- At the bottom of the form, you will see that the report will be sent to the listed email address. NOTE: The default Cision email address for the account used will be included and cannot be changed.
- After you've completed all required fields, select the Next: Terms and Conditions button to move to the next step.
When the Terms and Agreement Window Opens:
1. Read the Cision Data Download Terms and Agreement and check the box that you agree. NOTE: You won't be able to download the file until you have agreed to these terms.
2. Click on the Send Briefing Book button.
To Access the Connect Briefing Book You Created:
1. After all steps are complete, you should receive an email to the address we have on file from email@example.com within 5 minutes (You will not download a file from the platform like other Connect exports).
The email will include the Connect Briefing Book as a .docx attachment. At this time, you can edit the Connect Briefing Book and begin entering additional information, like Recent Activities with contacts, using a program such as Microsoft Word. NOTE: Google Docs users will not be able to see embedded profile images in the Briefing Book, but users can create a free MS Word account to view the document, complete with all images.
After Downloading the Connect Briefing Book .docx:
NOTE: Cision does not store Connect Briefing Books that have been created in the platform, so we suggest creating a list specifically for the Briefing Books you are creating.
For example: If you are building a Connect Briefing Book for a specific media event, create a list of 50 or fewer contacts specifically for the event.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article