Modified on: Mon, 21 Nov, 2022 at 9:08 PM
Like searches and dashboards, the Tags you create are private by default but are shareable with all users in your account, so you can collaborate on tagging articles for reports and newsletters. Tags can also be built into searches and used in Key Messages. All shared tags will be Full Access only. You can not set a tag as View-Only. This means that sharing a tag gives anyone within your account the ability to modify the tag by adding or removing articles from it.
Viewing Shared vs. Private Tags:
Whenever you view or use Tags in the platform, you will find that they have separated into categories: All Tags, My Tags, and Tags Shared with Me. My Tags are Tags created with your User Name. Tags Shared with Me are Tags other users have created and then Shared with you.
To View Tags by Category:
1. Click the Coverage tab on the toolbar and select the Tags option.
2. To find the Tag to which you want to add coverage:
3. After the tag list type has been selected, you can Page Through the tag list to see all tags in that list.
4. You can also Search for a specific tag by name after clicking on the Magnifying Glass icon.
5. You can Sort the list of tags in Ascending or Descending order by the Last Modified Date, Name of the Tag alphabetically, and Number of Articles that have been tagged with a specific tag or by the Owner of each tag.
When viewing Tags elsewhere in the system, My Tags (those created by your User Name) and Shared Tags (those other User Names created and then Shared with you) will appear as separate categories. Click to expand the category you want to see and apply Tags.
Creating a New Shared Tag:
To create an entirely new Tag and make it Shared with all other users on your account:
1. Click on the Coverage tab located on the toolbar and select the Tags option.
2. Choose the New Tag button on the upper right-hand corner
3. When the Create a New Tag window appears, type in the name you want to give the new Tag.
4. Click on the Tag Articles option to manually add additional coverage and Tag it if the coverage has not come in already through automatic monitoring.
5. If you do not need to manually add coverage, click Tag Articles to close this option and Save the Tag. At this point, the Tag has been created but not Shared.
To Share the New Tag, you Created:
- Click the Less Than button on the right of the Tag's row.
- Select Share Tag. This Action will Share your Tag and give Full Access to everyone on your account. The icon of two people lets you know if the tag has been shared. Note: You can only share the tags you created.
To Share an Existing Private Tag that you Created:
1. Click on the Coverage tab located on the toolbar and select the Tags option
2. Select My Tags from the filter on the upper-left of the screen
3. Click the Less Than button on the right of the Tag's row.
4. Select Share Tag. This Action will Share your Tag and give Full Access to everyone on your account. The icon of two people lets you know if the tag has been shared. Note: You can only share the tags you created.
Note:This is only applicable for certain users
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article